Ali Shrode Writer/Surfer
Their plan is to find gold by hitting the road and exploring the North Atlantic’s treasure islands…safe to say the odds are in their favor.
Patrick Briney was kayak fishing between Makena and Molokini when he was attacked by a shark, marking the second fatal shark attack in the area this year.
“It’s just about 9 AM and I just had a beer,” he said. “I never do that. I needed it this morning, though.”
“It’s an elevated high. Being in that moment, it’s so special and it doesn’t last for a long time, so you really have to enjoy it” –Founder of Volcom, Richard Woolcott
Zac Young was surfing near Coffs Harbour, around 280 miles north of Sydney, when a shark attacked him 100 meters off shore. This is the second fatal shark attack in Australia in under a week after Chris Boyd was killed surfing south of Perth just days before.
This black friday, while most are out buying more than they need, Patagonia is supporting an alternative message-one in which places value on the old and worn out.
Hawaii’s Kelia Moniz has a lot to smile about. The Roxy surfer has locked down her second consecutive ASP World Longboard Title and solidified her place in surfing history.
Scuba diving is like being in a SUV with air conditioning and music. Freediving is like grabbing your backpack and hiking through the forest.” So says Kirk Krack, founder of Performance Freediving.
We’ve all learned the hard way that spending too much time in the sun can create some pretty traumatizing effects. The EWG tested over 1,400 sunscreens. Here are the top 5 that seem to do the most damage.
John John Florence takes us into his life (and new house) on the North Shore in Vice’s Hi Shred-Ability.
- Al and Ted’s Excellent Pipeline Adventures: Day Two
- Shark Cull Approved in Western Australia
- Kelly Slater Pulls Off Left Barrel at Sunset Beach, Triple Crown of Surfing
- 45 Minutes in Queensland
- From a Screen to a Handshake: The Great Pacific Instameet
- Sea and Song
- Surfing. Period.
- Music vs. Surfing: An Ultimatum
- Reflections on Shaping My First Board on the Way to Mexico
- I Love Surfing, But a World without Music?
- jonnorodd on Shaping Our First Surfboard (on a Trip to Mexico)
- Mike Colacino on 6 Keys to Surviving the North Shore
- Joe M on Shark Cull Approved in Western Australia
- Rory Parker on Al and Ted’s Excellent Pipeline Adventures: Day Two
- Kalai on 6 Keys to Surviving the North Shore