Antonio Nielsen Editor, ONFIRE Surf
In the past few years of WCT events in Portugal, we’ve seen the absolute best of Peniche and a little of the worst. Burrow has done some of the best surfing in nearly all conditions.
If you work in the surf publishing industry, it’s more than likely you’ll be in contact with Al Hunt. A lot of people don’t know this, but Al has the biggest collection of surf magazines in the world.
“I tried my best to be ready for this event but after surfing today, I understood that I’m not capable of [competing],” said Pires. “I’m going to keep working hard on my rehab to come back stronger and fitter then ever.”
Statistically, World Tour rookies have the best chance of beating Kelly Slater. It goes back all the way to his own first full year on the World Championship Tour.
A few other surfers were out on what many have called the “100-foot day,” and the session went viral fast. But most non-specialized media missed a lot of what happened. Some say it will break all records, some say it never really broke.
- Wild x Youth
- Portfolio: Jim Cook
- Zeke Lau and Hawaiian Triple Crown Tradition
- 5 Medical Applications of Surfing
- 46-Foot Catamaran Surfs Giant Wave to Beach (Throwback)
- Volcom Celebrates Twenty Years: The Evolution of a Revolution
- Ásatrú: An Iceland Adventure
- The Inertia Reporting Live from the North Shore
- To Cull or Not to Cull: Controlling Shark Populations in Australian Waters
- Shaping Our First Surfboard (on a Trip to Mexico)