Chris Frick Photographer
Located in the small town of Wrightsville Beach, NC, I have set out to capture nature’s beauty using creative image framing both in and out of the water. Escaping from life’s stress, I turn indescribable moments into fine art photography.
January capped off with a bang of icy swell on the East Coast, and a trip to the Outer Banks yielded a barrel full of fine waves. Cold winter’s never felt so warm.
From Wrightsville Beach in North Carolina to black sands in Costa Rica, here are a few images to lighten your day. Enjoy.
Growing up in the suburbs of Virginia the thought of one day becoming a surf photographer hardly seemed realistic. But, my love for the ocean and the lifestyle that surrounds it is what kept this dream alive.
- Smashing the Glass Wave: Women, Equality, and Surfing
- Losing Things: An Ode to the Surfers Who Enjoy Trestles
- Surreal Scenes: Enviro Surf Art Series
- Protected: Call of the Wild: 12 Wild Surf Destinations
- Photo of the Week 6.17.13
- The Biggest (Contest) Air Ever? Kelly Slater vs. Jack Robinson and 7 More Observations from the Oakley Pro Bali Kickoff
- Seven Fitness and Health Tips
- The End of An Epic Season: Andalucia Ends on a High Note
- Under the Sea: Human and Shark Peacefully Coexist
- Paralyzed Mom Goes Surfing Duct Taped to Her Son
- Matt on Paralyzed Mom Goes Surfing Duct Taped to Her Son
- klein klein on Interview: Joe Principe of Rise Against
- Virginia Claussen on Paralyzed Mom Goes Surfing Duct Taped to Her Son
- hannahbananacupcake on Bethany Hamilton and the Teeth of the Tiger
- Anna on More Than Material: 7 Brands Supporting Social Good