Clifton Evers Surfer/Writer/Researcher
I went to Hainan Island following the latest round of contests. My observations have led to some concerns and suggestions I would like to express to the broader surfing community.
The annual Jialeshuei International Surfing Competition was about to take place. The thirty-knot north-easterly wind had not let up for days, and the rain had the river flowing fast.
There aren’t many positive images of gay male surfers due to an undercurrent of homophobia in surf culture, but that’s beginning to change.
Derek Hynd weighs in on women in the lineup, finless surf craft, and shark attacks…interesting thoughts from an interesting mind.
Mickey Dora’s story of surfing and manhood seduces most people into taking up surfing, but it’s always important to question our heroes.
- Laird Hamilton Takes Issue with Teahupo’o Jet Skiers
- Wholly Mackerel, Mercury Rising
- The French Washing Machine
- First Love
- ASP Women’s World Tour Adds EDP Cascais Girls Pro in Portugal
- Portugal’s Best Kept Secret: Land of the Serpents
- The Final Say: Billabong Rio Pro
- A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers
- Full Body Surf Training
- GrindMedia Acquires Transworld
- Julianne on TCA Responds: Toll Roads and Save Trestles
- Gorila on Portugal’s Best Kept Secret: Land of the Serpents
- Gorila on Garrett McNamara & the 100-Foot Wave: Claim It!
- Lucas Sena on A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers
- Gus Wall on A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers