Corey Jones TheInertia.com Music Contributor
Chris DeMakes of Less Than Jake talks about their upcoming tour and their new record “See The Light.”
Chris McCaughan is a staple in the Chicago music scene and the entire punk-rock scene. Here’s what he had to say about Chicago, The Lawrence Arms and getting kicked off the Warped Tour.
For the Chicago-based four-piece, the journey to becoming torch bearers of the punk genre began when ex-88 Fingers Louie bassist Joe Principe tapped Chicago vocalist Tim McIlrath to front his new project rooted in traditionalist hardcore rock.
For twenty-five years, the San Francisco-based band has blessed the punk rock community with aggressive songs fueled with grit, honesty and catchy instrumentation. And on their latest record, Poorly Formed, the band continues to deliver in reliable fashion.
As giants of the genre, Less Than Jake has spent the past two decades stapling the memories of countless post-adolescent rockers with punchy songs about metalheads and malt liquor.
“Fuck that,” says No Use for a Name’s Tony Sly. “Just do whatever you want, and live every day like it’s your last.”
For the past twenty years, The Real McKenzies have been captivating audiences around the globe with their uncompromising concoction of punk rock, folk songs, and Celtic singalongs.
Joey Cape, frontman of California’s legendary punk rock band Lagwagon, sat down with me to talk about the band’s new box set, Putting Music In Its Place, record labels, and fan appreciation.
Dan Andriano, bassist for Alkaline Trio, recently caught up with The Inertia about the release of his debut solo record, Hurricane Season.
I recently came to the realization that few things are actually as fulfilling to me as playing music. That is why I love guitar.
- goFlow: Share and Discover Waves with Your Friends
- Pipeline Showdown: Slater vs. Fanning
- Surfing Morocco: A Search for Waves
- Al and Ted’s Excellent Pipeline Adventures: Lay Day
- Inside the Billabong Pipe Masters Webcast
- 5 Gifts for Surfers this Holiday Season
- The Inertia 2013 Surfer Holiday Gift Guide
- YoShot Challenge: New York’s Surf Photography Contest
- Portfolio: Craig Parry
- One Freezing Danish Surf Session
- Anthony Dooley on Surfing Morocco: A Search for Waves
- SURF TRAMP on Of Mics and Men: A New Age of Surf Broadcasting
- Marcy on Surfing Morocco: A Search for Waves
- Gondo on Al and Ted’s Excellent Pipeline Adventures: Lay Day
- Evan Gill on Surfing Morocco: A Search for Waves