Cris Mills Surfer/Fitness & Health Coach
I was getting gassed way too quickly. My body didn’t have the work capacity or endurance anymore. So what is a surfer to do? Get a damn jumprope.
What this article will not be is an anatomy lesson. What it will be is a few simple things for you to start doing if you’ve got some knee funk because knee funk eventually turns into surf funk.
With these exercises, you will be able to react to turns, turn your head, spin your shoulders, and swing your lower body around to smash the lip and throw some gnar-spray, brah.
Here are a few exercises and movements you can incorporate to clean up those shoulders and keep them healthy, cause mine ain’t too happy now.
Those damn shoulders…. surfer’s shoulders. If’ they’re grinding, dislocating, inflamed, crunchy, or pain provoking, then your surfing is suffering, and when you can’t surf because of joint pain, it’s a terribly frustrating thing.
Surfing with joint pain sucks. So stop It! Help heal your joint pain by adopting a healthy diet. This boils down to not eating like shit, and starting to consume a diet of real whole foods.
- Opening Day for The Billabong Pipe Masters: Zietz Perfect, Perrow Injured
- Al and Ted’s Excellent Pipeline Adventures: Day One
- The Last Dance: The Pipe Masters
- Sorting Your Tight Hamstrings
- One Night at Turtle Bay: The 2013 Surfer Poll
- My Evening at the Surfer Poll Awards
- My Pick: Kelly Slater at 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters
- Terrifying Shark Attack Caught on GoPro
- 6 Keys to Surviving the North Shore
- John John Florence Will Win Pipe Masters