Dexter Z. Hough-Snee Reads too much.
You see, rich and poor just plain don’t get along in most contexts, NFL locker rooms and localized surf zones among them.
The Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar’s greatest sporting analogy is Kelly Slater.
At times, I feel rightful to classify most of the designs I build as unique innovations. I didn’t ever say I invented the [MPH] concept.
The Los Cabos Open highlighted some of the issues that surf culture must overcome if ”progress” will ever refer to anything but bigger maneuvers.
Zoltan Torkos’ persona, surfing, musical taste, and film clips demonstrate an unabashed advocacy of the trends of the nineties. Which is awesome.
Bill Bennett’s last moments were celebrated in the spotlight. In surfing too, we’ve seen our share of internationally renowned performers go down on the world stage.
Surfing’s broadcasting history is young enough that we’re yet to crown our own Terry Bradshaw or John McEnroe (or Charles Barkley). But as Shea Lopez hopes to prove by translating his professionalism in the water into the booth, maybe we’re on our way.
Since ISA Vice President, Karin Sierralta hard at work preparing for the ISA World SUP Championships to be held in Lima between February 24 and March 2, I figured I’d get a few of his thoughts on the upcoming event.
I’ll be speaking with some of the more visible (and accessible) ASP talking heads in the weeks leading up to the 2013 ASP kickoff on the Gold Coast. I start today with Dave Stanfield. And he has some nuggets.
Cut the “look-at-me-cool-guy-on-camera” bullshit and leave the advertising to the edited clips used between heats and during long lulls.
- Billabong Pipe Masters, Day 2: The World Title Race Continues
- One Eyed Albino Fetal Shark Cut From Belly of Pregnant Dusky Shark
- Portfolio: Grégoire Gyselinck
- Pipeline Day 2: Slater Dominates, Durbidge Blows Eardrum
- Al and Ted’s Excellent Pipeline Adventures: Day Two
- Shark Cull Approved in Western Australia
- Kelly Slater Pulls Off Left Barrel at Sunset Beach, Triple Crown of Surfing
- 45 Minutes in Queensland
- From a Screen to a Handshake: The Great Pacific Instameet
- Sea and Song
- Joao Brek Bracourt on Portfolio: Grégoire Gyselinck
- Indy on Australian Fishermen Free 12-Foot Tiger Shark in Dramatic Rescue
- Ahmed Adly on Australian Fishermen Free 12-Foot Tiger Shark in Dramatic Rescue
- NickT on To Know What Living Is: Life, Death, and Sharks in West Australia
- Ben on Pipeline Day 2: Slater Dominates, Durbidge Blows Eardrum