Gerry Lopez Pipeline Master/Shaper
The splendid waves of G-Land were a surf paradise beyond compare. And it opened my eyes to how quickly an absolutely pristine, totally natural place can become a mess. Plastic is a problem for all of us.
One day, out of the blue, Buddy Dunphy announced, “Let’s make our own boards.” A few days later, we had new surfboards to ride. The total cost was about $15 for each board.
One of the sad things about surfing is that the best memories are fleeting. Sometimes when the focus is so intense, the concentration so great, it seems as though they don’t even get recorded.
I have been asked many times what it’s like being inside a tube. My short answer is simple: “It’s great.” The long answer is more involved.
Life, like the ocean, doesn’t hold still for anyone. It’s constantly moving. If we don’t move with it, life passes us by.
- Monster Great White Caught Meters from Roxy Pro
- The Ladies Smash Spectacular Snapper at the Roxy Pro
- Date a Boy Who Surfs
- Insane Jaws Wipeouts
- I’m Quitting You, Surfing
- Interview: Shane Borland
- Portfolio: Tom Young
- Seismic Testing A Serious Threat To Marine Wildlife
- Photographers Win Back Image Rights from ASP
- San Diego Dream: SD Goes Off