Johnny Blades TheInertia.com Music Editor
Whether you admire the rock and roll tunes he’s been churning out since he was a little Midwestern punk, or you were drawn to his personality via his blog, JBTV, or The Daily Show, Brendan Kelly’s a delightful smart-ass in any medium.
If you’ve gone shopping for a punk record in the last few decades, you’re probably familiar with giants of the genre, NOFX. Fat Mike discusses NOFX’s new album, Self-Entitled, and so much more.
Aging reggae lifer Little Roy hit the studio to reinterpret ten Nirvana tracks that were largely foreign to him, and the result is the best covers album I’ve ever heard.
Seven years ago, Face To Face called it quits. Then, this spring, the reformed band released Laugh Now, Laugh Later. I tracked ‘em down to figure out why they Brett Favre-d me like that.
Rival Schools just released their first offering since 2001′s cult hit United By Fate. We tracked them down in D.C. to see what took so damn long.
The first thought that comes to mind when listening to Redondo Beat is, “Hey, this is kind of nice…no one else is really doing this right now.”
Chris Cresswell, the lead vocalist and guitarist for Toronto’s The Flatliners, was preparing for yet another stint on the road when TheInertia.com interrupted him with a bunch of typically American questions about life in Canada.
TheInertia.com caught up with The Bouncing Souls after their twenty-year anniversary to learn more about their past, their future, and New Jersey’s obsession with Bruce Springsteen.
As veteran punk rockers who aren’t afraid to speak their minds, Guttermouth spouts off on everything from parental abuse to the Ground Zero Mosque.
Fat Mike of NOFX delivered a solo set for the ages, but you won’t see him invited back to Emo’s any time soon. They’re pissed.
- What to Expect From Kelly Slater at the 2013 Oakley Pro Bali
- Latest Urban Adventure: Surfing Inner-City Rivers
- VIDEO: #SaveTrestles… Again: The Toll Road Situation Explained
- Call of the Wild: 12 Wild Surf Destinations
- Smashing the Glass Wave: Women, Equality, and Surfing
- Losing Things: An Ode to the Surfers Who Enjoy Trestles
- Surreal Scenes: Enviro Surf Art Series
- Photo of the Week 6.17.13
- The Biggest (Contest) Air Ever? Kelly Slater vs. Jack Robinson and 7 More Observations from the Oakley Pro Bali Kickoff
- Seven Fitness and Health Tips
- Kel on The Biggest (Contest) Air Ever? Kelly Slater vs. Jack Robinson and 7 More Observations from the Oakley Pro Bali Kickoff
- Darcy Flynn on Smashing the Glass Wave: Women, Equality, and Surfing
- RadWorks on Portfolio: Rhydian Thomas
- RadWorks on Paralyzed Mom Goes Surfing Duct Taped to Her Son
- RadWorks on Smashing the Glass Wave: Women, Equality, and Surfing