Juan Bacagianis Surfer/Journalist
The 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters kicks off today, and what a spectacle it will be. The world’s greatest wave and the world’s best surfers collide in the final duel of the year.
Black Friday brings some its madness outside the consumer world and into the ocean–Pipeline, specifically. And yes, that’s a Megadeth song
The Triple Crown is just around corner and, with it, a new world champ. Here’s a glimpse into the world at Pipe.
The North Shore of Oahu is starting to wake up from its annual warm month hibernation and everyone’s getting excited about what will be.
Greg Long slots himself deep in a recent heavy Puerto Escondido shack. Man, he makes it look too easy.
Love him or hate him, J.O.B. surfs Pipe better than almost anyone else. He knows that wave like… well, his backyard.
“…behind me all this shit goes over my back: the screaming parents, teachers, the police, priests, politicians, kneeboarders, windsurfers – they’re all going over the falls into the reef…” – Miki Dora
The North Shore is surfing’s Holy Grail. It’s where many of today’s biggest names cut their teeth. This is ten amazing minutes of tooth-cutting goodness filmed at the Holy Grail.
Arica, Chile, sits as a tiny sliver of a city along the west coast of Chile. Hundreds of years ago, Arica was a haven for pirates who looted the city of its silver and riches. Watch here as a handful of some of the world’s best free surfers loot the ocean for its pristine waves.
This is Pipeline. I’m dedicated to covering full seasons at the most classic and respected waves on the planet. This is a day with Parko, Reef Macintosh, and others at the benchmark for barrels.
- The Last Dance: The Pipe Masters
- Sorting Your Tight Hamstrings
- One Night at Turtle Bay: The 2013 Surfer Poll
- My Evening at the Surfer Poll Awards
- My Pick: Kelly Slater at 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters
- Terrifying Shark Attack Caught on GoPro
- 6 Keys to Surviving the North Shore
- John John Florence Will Win Pipe Masters
- Event Preview: 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters
- A World Title Proposal: Best of Three: Mick vs. Kelly