Keala Kennelly Professional Surfer
The question came up at this year’s Maverick’s Invitational opening ceremonies: Why not include women?
Two big swells, three broken boards, a few barrels, some tow-ins, 36 tacos, 28 cervezas and one heavy drop later, it’s time to say goodbye and thank you to Mexico for another awesome summer.
After Andy died I had a dream about him. He said he didn’t mean for things to turn out the way they did – that he still wanted to be here with us.
Many of the Nicaraguan people rely on well water, which is almost always contaminated. In many poor countries, there’s no choice.
They were calling it the best Pipeline in ten years. It got us through that difficult time mourning for Andy Irons. We later called it “The Andy Swell.”
Oregon…Hmm…All I could think of was freezing water and Great White Sharks, but this was an amazing opportunity for women’s surfing.
- Snowy Faroe Islands Surfing: Atlantic Diversions
- Fisherman Dies in Maui Shark Attack
- Alana Blanchard: 21 Great Photos
- Wild x Youth
- Portfolio: Jim Cook
- Zeke Lau and Hawaiian Triple Crown Tradition
- 5 Medical Applications of Surfing
- 46-Foot Catamaran Surfs Giant Wave to Beach (Throwback)
- Volcom Celebrates Twenty Years: The Evolution of a Revolution
- Ásatrú: An Iceland Adventure