Author Archives: Keala Kennelly
The question came up at this year’s Maverick’s Invitational opening ceremonies: Why not include women?
Two big swells, three broken boards, a few barrels, some tow-ins, 36 tacos, 28 cervezas and one heavy drop later, it’s time to say goodbye and thank you to Mexico for another awesome summer.
After Andy died I had a dream about him. He said he didn’t mean for things to turn out the way they did – that he still wanted to be here with us.
Many of the Nicaraguan people rely on well water, which is almost always contaminated. In many poor countries, there’s no choice.
They were calling it the best Pipeline in ten years. It got us through that difficult time mourning for Andy Irons. We later called it “The Andy Swell.”
Oregon…Hmm…All I could think of was freezing water and Great White Sharks, but this was an amazing opportunity for women’s surfing.
- Jordy Smith Wins Billabong Pro Rio 2013
- Take Action: Protect Our Waves Petition
- TCA Responds: Toll Roads and Save Trestles
- 11 Radical Observations from Lollapalooza Brazil
- New Beach Access App Shakes Up Malibu
- Help Secure Trestles on the National Register of Historic Places…Or Else
- The End of The Road: Massive Teahupoo
- Portfolio: Robert Siliato
- Art In Japan: Help Me Get There
- Micro-Particle Allows You to Live Without Breathing