Kyle Thiermann Founder, Surfing For Change
Call me old fashioned, but I still believe there’s a need for film festivals to bring a surf community together.
I’ve had multiple people tell me that the film made them think about their impact as a traveler. It’s that kind of feedback that makes all the hard work worth it.
As traveling surfers, we’re never just observing these places we visit, we’re participating in their future with every decision we make.
Considering the horrific impact of plastic bags and pollution on our planet, here are a few simple changes we can make as surfers to help lighten our environmental footprint.
- 6 Keys to Surviving the North Shore
- John John Florence Will Win Pipe Masters
- Event Preview: 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters
- A World Title Proposal: Best of Three: Mick vs. Kelly
- Selling the Lifestyle, Hurting the Planet: Rating Surf Apparel Brands
- Inside Hawaii’s Barrels
- A Look at Pipe Masters Since 2009
- Welcome to Paradise, Now Go to Hell
- Portfolio: Andy Bowlin
- (HEADSPACE): Sal Masekela