Mark Lukach Writer/Surfer/Bodysurfer
Owen Wright, heir to the biggest prize purse in competitive surfing, talks about his big win in New York a few days after.
The unexpected arrival of a World Tour event in San Francisco begs an important question: Why here? And who runs surfing in the first place?
I don’t expect every traveling surfer to end world hunger on surf trips. But throwing cigarettes into pristine lineups? That’s ridiculous.
A wise man once told me, “I’ve occasionally had a bad time surfing, but I’ve never had a bad time bodysurfing.”
- Monster Great White Caught Meters from Roxy Pro
- The Ladies Smash Spectacular Snapper at the Roxy Pro
- Date a Boy Who Surfs
- Insane Jaws Wipeouts
- I’m Quitting You, Surfing
- Interview: Shane Borland
- Portfolio: Tom Young
- Seismic Testing A Serious Threat To Marine Wildlife
- Photographers Win Back Image Rights from ASP
- San Diego Dream: SD Goes Off