Mark Lukach Writer/Surfer/Bodysurfer
Owen Wright, heir to the biggest prize purse in competitive surfing, talks about his big win in New York a few days after.
The unexpected arrival of a World Tour event in San Francisco begs an important question: Why here? And who runs surfing in the first place?
I don’t expect every traveling surfer to end world hunger on surf trips. But throwing cigarettes into pristine lineups? That’s ridiculous.
A wise man once told me, “I’ve occasionally had a bad time surfing, but I’ve never had a bad time bodysurfing.”
- The Last Dance: The Pipe Masters
- Sorting Your Tight Hamstrings
- One Night at Turtle Bay: The 2013 Surfer Poll
- My Evening at the Surfer Poll Awards
- My Pick: Kelly Slater at 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters
- Terrifying Shark Attack Caught on GoPro
- 6 Keys to Surviving the North Shore
- John John Florence Will Win Pipe Masters
- Event Preview: 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters
- A World Title Proposal: Best of Three: Mick vs. Kelly
- Danny Rose on My Evening at the Surfer Poll Awards
- Ben on My Evening at the Surfer Poll Awards
- Chuck Allison on The Last Dance: The Pipe Masters
- Chuck Allison on My Evening at the Surfer Poll Awards
- herbertcarmuse on A World Title Proposal: Best of Three: Mick vs. Kelly