Matt McClain Director of Communications, Surfrider
Tuesday, November 13th, 2012
A new project along the Central Coast of California requires firing underwater air cannons, every 15 seconds, day and night, for 17 days. These tests have the potential to kill thousands of whales, dolphins and other marine mammals.
CONTRIBUTE* Join the planet's largest network of thinking surfers.
SUPPORT US* 10% goes to a charity of your choice
- Smashing the Glass Wave: Women, Equality, and Surfing
- Losing Things: An Ode to the Surfers Who Enjoy Trestles
- Surreal Scenes: Enviro Surf Art Series
- Protected: Call of the Wild: 12 Wild Surf Destinations
- Photo of the Week 6.17.13
- The Biggest (Contest) Air Ever? Kelly Slater vs. Jack Robinson and 7 More Observations from the Oakley Pro Bali Kickoff
- Seven Fitness and Health Tips
- The End of An Epic Season: Andalucia Ends on a High Note
- Under the Sea: Human and Shark Peacefully Coexist
- Paralyzed Mom Goes Surfing Duct Taped to Her Son