Author Archives: Matt Warshaw
I’ve always fantasized that the Encyclopedia of Surfing would be on surfers’ desks everywhere, so I’m putting it online. Google search. Click. There it is: free to one and all.
Costco had its own line of surfboards. Chevron produced surf-themed ads. This triggered a small identity crisis for surf culture.
The Pipeline Masters’ 1971 debut had the look and feel of a midseason pee-wee-league soccer game. It was a pro event, but just barely.
- A Worldwide Surf Trip: From Sri Lanka to Scotland
- Photo of the Week: 5.20.2013
- Jordy Smith Wins Billabong Pro Rio 2013
- Take Action: Protect Our Waves Petition
- TCA Responds: Toll Roads and Save Trestles
- 11 Radical Observations from Lollapalooza Brazil
- New Beach Access App Shakes Up Malibu
- Help Secure Trestles on the National Register of Historic Places…Or Else
- The End of The Road: Massive Teahupoo
- Portfolio: Robert Siliato