Author Archives: Mickey McCarthy
These were some of the first waves ridden from this storm. It’s a strange thing, riding waves and having fun with a dangerous storm bearing down on you.
Hurricane Leslie brought tons of great waves that were met by tons of great surfers.
A perfect swell rifled up the East Coast last week, and, as usual, the Outer Banks reaped the fruits. Springtime barrels: let the beatings begin!
New rules went into effect on February 15th that will make it illegal to drive on the open beaches of Hatteras Island without a permit.
Late autumn can be a magic time in the Outer Banks. Crowds thin out, and swells fill in.
East Coast legendary photographer Mickey McCarthy has been shooting surf for over 40 years. Here he shares a few of his images.
- Jordy Smith Wins Billabong Pro Rio 2013
- Take Action: Protect Our Waves Petition
- TCA Responds: Toll Roads and Save Trestles
- 11 Radical Observations from Lollapalooza Brazil
- New Beach Access App Shakes Up Malibu
- Help Secure Trestles on the National Register of Historic Places…Or Else
- The End of The Road: Massive Teahupoo
- Portfolio: Robert Siliato
- Art In Japan: Help Me Get There
- Micro-Particle Allows You to Live Without Breathing