Mickey McCarthy Craftsman/Photographer
These were some of the first waves ridden from this storm. It’s a strange thing, riding waves and having fun with a dangerous storm bearing down on you.
Hurricane Leslie brought tons of great waves that were met by tons of great surfers.
A perfect swell rifled up the East Coast last week, and, as usual, the Outer Banks reaped the fruits. Springtime barrels: let the beatings begin!
New rules went into effect on February 15th that will make it illegal to drive on the open beaches of Hatteras Island without a permit.
Late autumn can be a magic time in the Outer Banks. Crowds thin out, and swells fill in.
East Coast legendary photographer Mickey McCarthy has been shooting surf for over 40 years. Here he shares a few of his images.
- Drone Captures Dolphin Stampede
- Bob and Sink: The Trial and Error of Ryan Burch
- The Seabass Sequence
- The Ol’ Boys Project: Documenting Stoke in Bali
- Field Trip to Mexico
- Below Fu#*ing Zero
- Oxycontin: Don’t Lose Yourself Along with The Pain
- Opening The Doors of Perception
- Who is JOB 4.0: Soft Tops at Jaws
- Wipeout From Hell: Pedra Branca