Nick Denny Photographer/Surfer
The weekend of December 15th saw solid swell pump through the Delmarva region. Waves were forecast in the chest to head high range with very clean conditions. It ended up being more like head high to overhead and clean as a whistle.
They called it the Doomsday swell. They thought the world would end. It didn’t.
I’ve been shooting and documenting the hurricanes and storms that hit Maryland for the past few years, and have never seen anything like Sandy. No doubt the biggest wave ever ridden in Maryland.
- Gabriel Medina and Stephanie Gilmore Kick off the Year with Wins at Snapper
- Too Cold for Comfort
- Editing the Influence: Surf Porn’s Perfection
- Risk Reduction: Why I’m Against the Shark Cull
- Portfolio: Nathan French
- Kelly Slater, Steph Gilmore, Jimmy Buffett in Concert at Snapper
- Coming Up For Air: A Meditation on Cold Water Surf
- Surfing Sweden: The Latest in Artificial Waves
- Style: Up and At ‘Em
- 5 Even More Essential Tips for Good Bodysurfing