Patrick "Tupat" Eichstaedt Professional Photographer/Surfer
I cut my teeth in the surf game years ago by sitting on the beach for hours video taping a young Andy Irons and Cory Lopez charge Log Cabins. Family, health, and friends are most important to me, and my school was traveling and listening to others: The School of Trial and Error.
Over the past twenty plus years, I have gathered minutes, hours and days of footage, but of all the years my most shot subjects are my brother Hopper and the infamous Aaron “Gorkin” Cormican. Enjoy the memories…
Shea Lopez’s surf camp, in Florida, is a great way for kids to learn the joys of surfing from the world-renowned surfer himself.
This is a short clip shot by Hopper in 2002 when Andy won his first World Title. On this his birthday, I’d like to remember Andy surfing and this clip is a good way to do that.
Every once in a while, you come across something or someone that really gives you a great perspective on life. For me it was meeting Georgia Cook.
Like the old saying goes, the good comes with bad, and Sandy proved that beyond a doubt. Here are a collection of stories, photos and experiences from one of the most memorable storms we’ve ever had.
When I first started doing surf video work in the mid-’90s, Andy Irons was one of my main subjects and favorite surfers. Here are some great moments that Andy left us to enjoy.
The following feature is from a few sessions in New Smyrna and Ponce Inlet with Cory, Shea, and Matty Lopez along with a few friends shredding to the music.
As time went on and I grew more accustomed to shooting Cory (Lopez), I felt as if I was surfing vicariously through him, so my work became more simple.
This segment is the first of two that will highlight some clips from the past few sessions. Enjoy this Gorkin segment until the rest of the edit is finished. Happy New Year.
- 5 Gifts for Surfers this Holiday Season
- The Inertia 2013 Surfer Holiday Gift Guide
- YoShot Challenge: New York’s Surf Photography Contest
- Portfolio: Craig Parry
- One Freezing Danish Surf Session
- Coogee Beach, Western Australia the Site of First Shark Barrier
- The Muscle Behind the Masters
- Billabong Pipe Masters, Day 2: The World Title Race Continues
- One Eyed Albino Fetal Shark Cut From Belly of Pregnant Dusky Shark
- Portfolio: Grégoire Gyselinck
- Kira Gibbons on Shark Cull Approved in Western Australia
- Brian Scott on The Muscle Behind the Masters
- jetty83 on Portfolio: Grégoire Gyselinck
- Joao Brek Bracourt on Portfolio: Grégoire Gyselinck
- Indy on Australian Fishermen Free 12-Foot Tiger Shark in Dramatic Rescue