Author Archives: Reid Levin
In a recent CNN feature, Steph Gilmore sets the record straight about the unfortunate image cast by Hollywood movies, blanket statements and ugly stereotypes about the gross misconception surrounding the sport and its players.
The ASP has a new CEO—Paul Speaker, and yesterday he announced the ASP’s vision for the future of professional surfing to a cadre of surf media reporters.
“Photos and films of home breaks are what speak to me the loudest,” says Pierce Kavanagh. “Seeing the lone palm in the background, the grinding womp, or familiar houses on the beach with the realization that this is my home is what really does it for me.”
Derek Dunfee, Julian Martin, and Soren Heil wrapped up an impressive art show in Leucadia last week. As Sören put it, “It’s about having a heightened sense of awareness and capturing the fleeting moments of life.”
Great style has five fundamental characteristics, and five surfers embody said qualities. And..here they are. Feel free to add your own.
Joel Parkinson claimed his first event win of the year where it mattered the most and hoisted two of the most prestigious trophies in surfing all in the same hour.
I learned to ride waves on a friend’s classic 9’0” Bessell longboard. I had to meet the man responsible for my stoke — Tim Bessell. He and I sat down in his modern art museum of an office. This is his story…
Nick Rozsa’s decision to raise awareness for homelessness is admirable. I hope his efforts don’t go unnoticed.
I believe this is Parko’s year because his smooth, in-control, and powerful style affords him high scores in various conditions.
- Take Action: Protect Our Waves Petition
- TCA Responds: Toll Roads and Save Trestles
- 11 Radical Observations from Lollapalooza Brazil
- New Beach Access App Shakes Up Malibu
- Help Secure Trestles on the National Register of Historic Places…Or Else
- The End of The Road: Massive Teahupoo
- Portfolio: Robert Siliato
- Art In Japan: Help Me Get There
- Micro-Particle Allows You to Live Without Breathing
- 5 Tips: A (Very) Amateur Guide to Spearfishing