Author Archives: Shawn Parkin
The sun is setting on a wonderful year, and in that spirit we asked Southern California based Shawn Parkin to share some of his favorite sunset images. This is the beautiful result.
There’s one perspective that all surfers love: being inside a barrel. Here are 18 of my favorite barrel shots, all from the water. All that’s missing is you.
This collection of images ended up winning the contest among an amazing set of talented entrants. Enjoy!
I wanted to share a slideshow of my surf and ocean photography, created for a surf photography competition.
Not only is photography an amazing creative outlet, it keeps me outdoors, experiencing new things, and meeting interesting people.
- 11 Radical Observations from Lollapalooza Brazil
- New Beach Access App Shakes Up Malibu
- Help Secure Trestles on the National Register of Historic Places…Or Else
- The End of The Road: Massive Teahupoo
- Portfolio: Robert Siliato
- Art In Japan: Help Me Get There
- Micro-Particle Allows You to Live Without Breathing
- 5 Tips: A (Very) Amateur Guide to Spearfishing
- Fergal Smith and the Art of the Haiku
- How Surfing Made Me a Better Mom