Author Archives: Steve Barilotti
The Film: “Griffin” is a feature-length documentary that explores the art, life and eccentric spark of one of the world’s least known and most influential 20th Century surrealists.
The film Minds In The Water, featuring Dave Rastovich, opens at the Artivist Film Festival August 18th at Hollywood’s Egyptian Theater.
In all, I’ve transited less than 1/35 of Australia’s coast. My impressions are almost those of an alien, hovering far above this small blue planet.
Scientists believe the color of the universe is the same as the ocean. It’s no wonder we feel at home in the ocean, deep inside a beautiful wave.
Seeing this broken little house featured in Morning of the Earth was like making a pilgrimage to the cabin Abe Lincoln was born in.
It’s an overlooked fact in American history that over 52,000 young Australians served in Vietnam between 1966 and 1969. Over 500 died.
I’ve been told you can boil a cane toad down in a tin billy for 10 minutes, slurp up the goop and trip like a wildebeest for hours. I was sorely tempted. But like I said, I’m on vacation.
We both had scoundrel beginnings, but where the Yanks had a bloody Civil War, the Aussies – forced into detention together – had each other.
Put an American on the Gold Coast for a week and he will automatically start ending all his statements as questions.
Burleigh, Kirra, Snapper. These were strange names that I recited like Catholic chants in my early surfing days. Someday, I vowed…
- Portugal’s Best Kept Secret: Land of the Serpents
- The Final Say: Billabong Rio Pro
- A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers
- Full Body Surf Training
- GrindMedia Acquires Transworld
- A Worldwide Surf Trip: From Sri Lanka to Scotland
- Photo of the Week: 5.20.2013
- Jordy Smith Wins Billabong Pro Rio 2013
- Take Action: Protect Our Waves Petition
- TCA Responds: Toll Roads and Save Trestles
- disqus_Jknsjfs9r7 on A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers
- Chris Binns on The Final Say: Billabong Rio Pro
- David Lockard on A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers
- Eddie Guilbeau on A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers
- David Avram Gordon on A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers