Steven Kotler Author/Surfer
The same neurochemicals released in the brain while doing drugs are released in the brain during adrenaline sport. There’s literally no difference.
Every wave is a momentary connection with something far beyond yourself; surfing is like a heroin injection of union.
Singer-songwriter (and former pro surfer) Jim White has been a huge influence on surf culture, and his latest project could use your help.
“It’s not that I mind other surfers,” said the first surfer. “I mind the attitudes. God makes waves aplenty; people just need to remember that.”
- Shark Attack Victim’s Mother Questions West Australia’s New Culling Policy
- goFlow: Share and Discover Waves with Your Friends
- Pipeline Showdown: Slater vs. Fanning
- Surfing Morocco: A Search for Waves
- Al and Ted’s Excellent Pipeline Adventures: Lay Day
- Inside the Billabong Pipe Masters Webcast
- 5 Gifts for Surfers this Holiday Season
- The Inertia 2013 Surfer Holiday Gift Guide
- YoShot Challenge: New York’s Surf Photography Contest
- Portfolio: Craig Parry