Author Archives: Thomas Petriken
This short clip was filmed on one October day in New Jersey. To me, this was the last time that surfing felt normal. A little over a week later, Hurricane Sandy began her tour of devastation through the Northeast.
I think all of us were surprised when you came knocking on our door with overhead surf last Tuesday. I’m glad you showed up, now can you please send your big brothers to come play?
As I was walking back up the beach, I thought to myself, “There’s no place like home.” I wasn’t exactly clicking my 5-millimeter booties together like Dorothy and her ruby red slippers, but I came pretty damn close.
When people think about New Jersey, the first impression is the fist pumping of the Jersey Shore or the drama of The Real Housewives.
“Breaking a dream board is almost like breaking up with your girlfriend. You are super shattered at first. But then once you get another dream board, it’s all good.” – Shane Dorian
Living down the street from the most photographed wave in New Jersey gets a little annoying after a while.
- Take Action: Protect Our Waves Petition
- TCA Responds: Toll Roads and Save Trestles
- 11 Radical Observations from Lollapalooza Brazil
- New Beach Access App Shakes Up Malibu
- Help Secure Trestles on the National Register of Historic Places…Or Else
- The End of The Road: Massive Teahupoo
- Portfolio: Robert Siliato
- Art In Japan: Help Me Get There
- Micro-Particle Allows You to Live Without Breathing
- 5 Tips: A (Very) Amateur Guide to Spearfishing