Tim Baker Author/Veteran Surf Journalist
Tim Baker wades into the patent bog surrounding The Kelly Slater Wave Company and Webber Wave Pools.
While initial web commentary decried the move back to city beachbreaks as a cynical, money-grabbing, death of the dream tour, the reality has been a revelation.
In surfing’s quiet culture war between fashion and substance, substance is in dire need of a bit of help.
Surf mags seem to have become merely an extension of the marketing campaigns of their major advertisers. Let’s fix that.
- My Pick: Kelly Slater at 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters
- Terrifying Shark Attack Caught on GoPro
- 6 Keys to Surviving the North Shore
- John John Florence Will Win Pipe Masters
- Event Preview: 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters
- A World Title Proposal: Best of Three: Mick vs. Kelly
- Selling the Lifestyle, Hurting the Planet: Rating Surf Apparel Brands
- Inside Hawaii’s Barrels
- A Look at Pipe Masters Since 2009
- Welcome to Paradise, Now Go to Hell
- IrwinFFletcher on Terrifying Shark Attack Caught on GoPro
- Nicky Warren on Event Preview: 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters
- Chuck Allison on Inside Sine Qua Non with Greg Long
- Guest on 6 Keys to Surviving the North Shore
- ichorousmedia . on A World Title Proposal: Best of Three: Mick vs. Kelly