Author Archives: Tom Garlinghouse
From the surfer who applies wax to his palms before every go out to the guy who allows himself to pee in his wetsuit only after his catches his first wave, rituals play a big role in the surfing experience. What’s your ritual?
Mahony creates a story that is, on one level, about a young man’s quest to find a lost love, and on another, about a man confronting that human universal: inevitable change.
Have you ever gotten yourself into a situation which rapidly becomes, as the saying goes, something “way over your head?” Admit it, we all have. It’s a part of life.
At that moment – wham! – something hit the underside of my board. This is it, I thought. This is the end. I’m a goner.
Today, a single wave – the right wave – changed my perspective, and reminded me that the beauty of the world is contingent upon our seeing it.
Marine biologist Wallace J. Nichols believes the oceans produce neurological benefits that aid in mood elevation, stress reduction, and better memory. Good news for surfers.
- Take Action: Protect Our Waves Petition
- TCA Responds: Toll Roads and Save Trestles
- 11 Radical Observations from Lollapalooza Brazil
- New Beach Access App Shakes Up Malibu
- Help Secure Trestles on the National Register of Historic Places…Or Else
- The End of The Road: Massive Teahupoo
- Portfolio: Robert Siliato
- Art In Japan: Help Me Get There
- Micro-Particle Allows You to Live Without Breathing
- 5 Tips: A (Very) Amateur Guide to Spearfishing