With great surfing from Bali, the Gold Coast, Teahupoo and Hawaii, a smattering of pretty gals, some epic moral dilemmas and you have surfing’s most original, independent and hilarious series.
Human beings have come up with some pretty incredible inventions. But, of course, there are also some enormously dumb inventions. Here are five of the dumbest ones in the world of surfing.
I looked at the analytics for this website a few days ago. It was depressing. Not because we’re doing badly (we’re actually doing better than I could ever hope for), but because apparently, the surfing world cares more about twerking and Alana’s butt than well… anything else.
That fickle mistress known as Mainstream Media is never going to want to have a meaningful relationship with you. And, as your friend, I’m here to tell you that you are way too good for this callow hussy, and it’s high time you stopped embarrassing yourself in such a needy fashion.
The folks over at NMA World Edition have made an animated parody in an attempt to lighten the mood surrounding the Huntington Beach riots that followed the 2013 US Open of Surfing.
So the promotional trailer for the Roxy Pro Biarritz has drawn some serious attention from the surf community. Amidst all the debate, this spoof trailer for the Quiksilver Pro France might be the best one. Humor.
Horse surfing, courtesy of Daniel Fowler-Prime and Matt Smith from Newquay, England, has added a never-before-seen element to board riding. Daniel and Matt are the world’s best team, called The Independent Horse, and win competitions in places like Taiwan, Australia, Dubai and the USA.
- Billabong Pipe Masters, Day 2: The World Title Race Continues
- One Eyed Albino Fetal Shark Cut From Belly of Pregnant Dusky Shark
- Portfolio: Grégoire Gyselinck
- Pipeline Day 2: Slater Dominates, Durbidge Blows Eardrum
- Al and Ted’s Excellent Pipeline Adventures: Day Two
- Shark Cull Approved in Western Australia
- Kelly Slater Pulls Off Left Barrel at Sunset Beach, Triple Crown of Surfing
- 45 Minutes in Queensland
- From a Screen to a Handshake: The Great Pacific Instameet
- Sea and Song
- herbertcarmuse on Portfolio: Grégoire Gyselinck
- herbertcarmuse on Al and Ted’s Excellent Pipeline Adventures: Day Two
- rspkt on Shark Cull Approved in Western Australia
- jonnorodd on Shaping Our First Surfboard (on a Trip to Mexico)
- Mike Colacino on 6 Keys to Surviving the North Shore