During the 2013 World Cup of Surfing at Sunset Beach, the second jewel of the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing, Kelly Slater caught an exceptionally rare left barrel.
Through the course of time, our surfing community has seen a lot of changes. New technology, in all aspects of this lifestyle we love, has totally given way to new ideas. The Great Pacific Instameet is one of those ideas.
It just so happens that I had a big career in surfing, so it’s a bit of a treacherous thing to say that I’d go with music. But I would say that music is more important than surfing, and so I would go with that.
Ever been unsuccessfully corrected by the little brain in your smartphone when texting? You’re not alone. Well, we’ve collected an assortment of ridiculous, surfy autocorrects. Some are explicit. Because iPhones are dirty.
I really enjoy the idea of making images that force your average Joe to pause and admire while he is in an office doing something shit. However, I also enjoy shooting competition surfing, as there are many special stories to “tell” in one frame – which was perfect for day one of the Billabong Pipe Masters, which opened its gates today in perfect conditions.
- Shark Cull Approved in Western Australia
- Kelly Slater Pulls Off Left Barrel at Sunset Beach, Triple Crown of Surfing
- 45 Minutes in Queensland
- From a Screen to a Handshake: The Great Pacific Instameet
- Sea and Song
- Surfing. Period.
- Music vs. Surfing: An Ultimatum
- Reflections on Shaping My First Board on the Way to Mexico
- I Love Surfing, But a World without Music?
- Australian Fishermen Free 12-Foot Tiger Shark in Dramatic Rescue