Every time a Brazilian is criticized for some arbitrary breach of hoary rules of conduct like being too demonstrative or competing too hard, I hear a single phrase: “You are playing our sport, and you will play it by our rules.” That has to change.
I was born and raised in Rome, Italy. After a girl broke my shoulder (funny story), I needed something to stay connected with the surf and the ocean even, so I bought a camera. I’ve always been passionate about ocean and water sports, and I quickly started to travel around the world looking for waves and new experiences.
Jordy Smith wins the 2013 Billabong Pro Rio in an aerial affair against hometown hero Adriano de Souza. The results move De Souza into first place in the rankings, which makes the World Title race quite a bit more interesting.
Over 80 years of surfing history is at stake of being lost if Trestles does not get placed on the National Register of Historic Places and the Transportation Corridor Agency (TCA) builds Toll Road through the land.
I’ve always tried to take a photojournalistic approach to documenting the surfing culture at the Jersey Shore. I feel that each photo should tell a story, that some surfing shots aren’t meant to be shot at 10 frames a second.
Scientists at the Boston Children’s Hospital have made a huge medical breakthrough, which has the potential to reshape the surfing world.
Last August, after trying to round up a few friends for a trip, and failing due to conflicting work schedules, I departed on a solo trip to the Northern coast of Nicaragua. After hearing a lot of good things about the country, I thought it would be a good trip, and it didn’t disappoint.
- GrindMedia Acquires Transworld
- A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers
- A Worldwide Surf Trip: From Sri Lanka to Scotland
- Photo of the Week: 5.20.2013
- Jordy Smith Wins Billabong Pro Rio 2013
- Take Action: Protect Our Waves Petition
- TCA Responds: Toll Roads and Save Trestles
- 11 Radical Observations from Lollapalooza Brazil
- New Beach Access App Shakes Up Malibu
- Help Secure Trestles on the National Register of Historic Places…Or Else
- Courtney Fromberg on GrindMedia Acquires Transworld
- Lucas Sena on A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers
- Alex Neville on A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers
- Vector on A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers
- Junior Faria on A Deleted Article and the Harmful Misrepresentation of Brazilian Surfers