Just can’t seem to find a non-dairy milk that doesn’t contain non-pronounceable ingredients, added sugar and other preservatives that may have consequences to our health? Making your own milk is actually easy. I chose almond milk and used a date as a sweetener.
You will need:
1 cup of raw almonds
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
3 cups of filtered water
1. Soak the raw almonds in water overnight.
2. Strain the soaked almonds.
3. Blend the almonds with the filtered water, date, vanilla extract and sea salt for approximately one minute.
4. Place a cheesecloth over a large pitcher, and pour the blended milk through the cloth slowly.
5. Remove the almond remains as needed.
Don’t forget to save the almond remains, to use as almond meal for baking gluten free goodies!
Note: Fresh almond milk only lasts in the refrigerator 3-4 days because it doesn’t contain any of those shelf life preservatives, so drink up!