Branden Aroyan Photographer/Filmmaker
And so it began with spotlights in the sky that could be seen from miles and miles away. The 2014 SBIFF shined on the opening night with the smile of Dr. Sylvia Earle.
January was an amazing month for waves along California’s coastline. After what seemed like an eternity of flatness, the charts finally starting showing some color, and surfers shook the cobwebs off their boards and paddled out.
Once I asked Kelly, “What kind of waves do you want to surf today?” “Hollow barrels with no one out,” he responded. That reply formed our continual search. The following 20 gorgeous images of Kelly Slater are from those journeys.
- Spanish Longboardism: Tapas
- Beers, Barrels, and Big Ol’ Buildings
- What the F*ck is River Surfing?
- Adventuring in Lembongan, Indonesia
- A Visual History of the ASP
- Big Wave World Tour Signals Green Light for Oregon Pro, Nelscott Reef
- Snapper Rocks: The Final Day in 60 Photos
- Growing: Fergal Smith Digs In and Gets Back to His Roots
- The Final Say: Gabriel Medina Wants it Baaaad
- Gabriel Medina and Stephanie Gilmore Kick off the Year with Wins at Snapper