Branden Aroyan Photographer/Filmmaker
And so it began with spotlights in the sky that could be seen from miles and miles away. The 2014 SBIFF shined on the opening night with the smile of Dr. Sylvia Earle.
January was an amazing month for waves along California’s coastline. After what seemed like an eternity of flatness, the charts finally starting showing some color, and surfers shook the cobwebs off their boards and paddled out.
Once I asked Kelly, “What kind of waves do you want to surf today?” “Hollow barrels with no one out,” he responded. That reply formed our continual search. The following 20 gorgeous images of Kelly Slater are from those journeys.
- Wipeout From Hell: Pedra Branca
- Resurrected: Never Before Seen A+ Footage
- Portfolio: Jon Roberts
- 7 Yoga Poses to Strengthen Your Surfing
- Best Day of the Year in San Diego
- Monster Great White Caught Meters from Roxy Pro
- The Ladies Smash Spectacular Snapper at the Roxy Pro
- Date a Boy Who Surfs
- Insane Jaws Wipeouts
- I’m Quitting You, Surfing