Clare Plueckhahn Filmmaker/Photographer
There are a lot of people out there who don’t understand why Alana Blanchard markets herself the way she does. They say she sets a bad image for woman’s surfing, but if you looked into what it takes to be a professional female surfer you would understand.
Uncharted Waters, The Personal History of Wayne Lynch, has hit the ground running in Australia, and is currently screening at over thirty cinemas in every state of Australia.
Women’s surfing content doesn’t need to be so black and white. We don’t want woman in sport to be sexualized, but it doesn’t mean you have to completely ignore the fact that surfing is a beautiful sport and woman of the ocean be confident and happy with how they look.
For past 18 months, I’ve been working as Director of Photography on the film “Uncharted Waters.” Directed by Craig Griffin, the documentary shows an insight into Wayne Lynch’s life story which has never been seen before.
Check out the following edit. We hope our endless wanderings brighten your day.
Wayne Lynch completely stills rips at 60, and it’s great to see the amazing connection he has with his son Jarrah.
As the most Googled surfer on the planet, most people seem to take Alana on face value, but I really like showing people that she is more than just a swimwear model.
So It Goes, starring Felicity Palmateer, demonstrates that although people can tell you which way to go, in the end you have to forge your own path.
Voted in 2010 as one of the top 100 most influential and creative people in Melbourne, Clare Plueckhahn has been operating as a freelance photographer and filmmaker for the past four years.
- The Last Dance: The Pipe Masters
- Sorting Your Tight Hamstrings
- One Night at Turtle Bay: The 2013 Surfer Poll
- My Evening at the Surfer Poll Awards
- My Pick: Kelly Slater at 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters
- Terrifying Shark Attack Caught on GoPro
- 6 Keys to Surviving the North Shore
- John John Florence Will Win Pipe Masters
- Event Preview: 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters
- A World Title Proposal: Best of Three: Mick vs. Kelly
- Danny Rose on My Evening at the Surfer Poll Awards
- Ben on My Evening at the Surfer Poll Awards
- Chuck Allison on The Last Dance: The Pipe Masters
- Chuck Allison on My Evening at the Surfer Poll Awards
- herbertcarmuse on A World Title Proposal: Best of Three: Mick vs. Kelly